Wednesday, October 02, 2013

New additions to my communal revenue post UPDATED!

Updated 2017:  The communal revenues now have their own blog at:

www.luxcommunalrevenuestamps.com

Go to the new blog to see revenues from more than 100 of Luxembourg's communes, past and present!  Send me scans of those that do not appear on the blog.  I'm Arsdorf@gmail.com.







I’ve updated my communal revenue stamp post at 

adding many previously unlisted stamps.  

The post now comprises revenue stamps from 78 villages and towns.  New additions include tax stamps from Frisange, Mompach, Mondorf-les-Bains, Remich, Schuttrange, Steinsel, and Vichten.  A link to the post is here.

Help me add to the listing by sending me scans of communal revenues that are missing from the list.  My email address is:  arsdorf@gmail.com.  There must be many hundreds of unlisted Luxembourg tax stamps out there!

Revenue philately is one of the few areas in which organized philately is continuing to grow.  Stamp collecting is just the tip of the iceberg.  Revenue stamps cover the entire gamut of social history. Unfortunately, revenue stamp collecting has been held back by the lack of catalogs and other literature.  Now, with the advent of desktop publishing and the Internet, we can remedy that deficiency.

No comments: